Any festive season is associated, amongst other things, with over-indulgence. It can be difficult to withhold from all of the wonderful treats available to us over this time.
Well, the new year is a wonderful time to start afresh. We tend to rethink our goals and commit to a healthier way of life.
A daily, gentle detox program helps our bodies to eliminate the excesses of the festive period. Over-eating and drinking can lead to a sluggish digestive system and this can lead to other health problems. Our bodies sometimes need a rest from this.
There are many detoxes and fasts on the market today. Not all fasts are good for the body. Be wary of drastic and fast, over-the-counter detox programs. These detoxes can sometimes include a list of chemicals and additives that can be more harmful to the body than non-fasting and can be very harsh on the body.
A few simple steps can help us get our bodies back on track:-
- Commence your day with a gentle detox by drinking a glass of clay water. Argital's Activated Drinking Clay is rich in minerals and, not only helps to re-mineralise the body, it can help to remove toxins from the body that have accumulated through the festive season. Drinking clay is safe to do every day of the year. Just add 1 teaspoon of Argital's Activated Green Clay to a glass of water, let stand 10 minutes (or overnight if you prefer) and drink the clay water on an empty stomach. Allow about 30 minutes before you take any other supplements or medications.
- Drink more water. Our bodies are made up of about 60% of water. Water is vital to our good health. The human body uses water in all its cells, organs and tissues. Water is important to regulate the body's temperature, hydrate cells and maintain other bodily functions. The body loses water regularly through our breath, sweat and digestion. Water is also important in helping flush out toxins that are naturally produced by the body.
- Increase the amount of green vegetables into your diet. Dark green leafy vegetables are considered some of the most potent superfoods on our planet. Vegetables such as spinach, kale, broccoli, cabbage, chard and dandelion are rich in vitamins (A, C, E & K), calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium, antioxidants and phytonutrients, as well as an excellent source of protein.
- Eat less processed foods. Anything that says low fat or no fat is usually a toxic cocktail of artificial ingredients and additives, as is anything out of a packet. Try to eat more natural foods. The more processed the food, the harder our digestive system has to work to process that food.
- Move that body. Exercise need not bve strenuous, but a gentle walk, stretching routine or swim can help the detoxification process by encouraging the flow of lymph through our bodies and improving the removal of toxins.
- Bathe in clay. A regular clay bath can help to speed up the detoxification process by gently helping the body to draw out toxins, ease muscular tension and relax the body Once or twice a week, add a cup or so of Argital's Fine Green Clay into a warm to bath and soak for 10 minutes.
- Meditation or quiet time. What we feed our minds are just as important to good health as what we feed our bodies. Regular meditation or quiet time is important to minimising the impact of our stressful lives. Stress is known to impact on our health in a negative way and can undermine our digestive system. Give yourself the gift of some time out, even if it is only 10 minutes at a time, a few times a week.
Most of all, be kind to yourself, to others and to the planet.